Re: [wsjtgroup] Greetings and a couple questions

  • John - kc2rxs
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 30 5:00 PM
      Hi Chris,

      I have not had the first problem, but I have had the second problem a few times. I believe it has to
      do with the clock timing. I just tried to duplicate it, but could not.

      Make sure your clock is correct - I use a program called Dimension 4 to keep my clock correct.

      Also, you may be having a problem if you are using VOX to key the transmitter.

      I have used WSJT for JT65 for years, however, I am now using a program called JT65-HF.
      It make the whole QSO processes very easy.

      With JT65-HF I use another program - "JT-Alert", this is very useful program that does many things,
      including sending log info to my logging program.

      Happy New Year,

      73, John - kc2rxs

      On 12/30/2011 4:57 PM, ku4a wrote:

      Greeting, all. I installed WSJT 9.02 this morning and have enjoyed my first day on JT65. I worked a number of stations on 20m today.

      A couple questions:

      (1) When seeing someone call CQ, I right-double-click on their call, and it generates messages for me to send. It also activates "auto" mode. For some reason, the program begins transmitting immediately even though the top of the minute hasn't been reached yet. I would have expected "auto" to wait until the top of the minute. Am I doing something wrong?

      (2) Because of the above I just did things manually today. I clicked on the desired transmit message right at the top of the minute. The xmit message gets sent, then the program quits sending after 48-50 seconds or so. But after a couple seconds off, THE TRANSMITTER COMES BACK ON and continues till the exact top of the minute, then goes back off. I see others xmitting for about 50 seconds so can someone explain why I get the extra few seconds?

      If anyone can answer #1 and/or #2 I will sure appreciate it. And even if you can't, Happy New Year and good DX in 2012 all!

      73
      Chris
      KU4A