Re: [wsjtgroup] Receive Decode Problem

  • Peter Frenning [OZ1PIF]
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 20, 2011
      Den 20-12-2011 20:01, W9RPM skrev:
      Hi, I recently moved things around in the shack here. After hooking
      things back up, I ran some tests with KA9FOX and everything seemed to be
      working correctly except when the 30 receive cycle is done, the decode
      button flashes but nothing decodes automatically like I remember it
      doing usually. I can manually click on anywhere in the SpectJ window and
      decode. He was giving me 20DB signals. I must be doing something wrong,
      but can't figure it out. I am using 9.02 We ran many tests, and it never
      did a decode without me manually doing it. Thanks, John W9RPM

      Are you by any chance running Linux? The same problem cropped up here fairly recently, haven't quite figured out what's wrong yet, but I suspect that one of the libraries used, has been updated changing something subtle in the program <-> lib interface, breaking WSJT in the process.
      FSK441 seems to work as does WSPR (different program, but still..).

      --
      Vy 73 de OZ1PIF/5Q2M, Peter

      ** Genius is one per cent inspiration, **
      ** and ninety-nine per cent            **
      ** perspiration.                       **
      **               -- Thomas A. Edison   **
      email: peter(no-spam filler)@...
      http://www.frenning.dk/oz1pif.htm
      Ph. +45 4619 3239
      Snailmail:
      Peter Frenning
      Ternevej 23
      DK-4130 Viby Sj.
      Denmark

    • Barry Garratt
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 20, 2011

        Almost sounds like he is overloading the decoder John. Try some attenuation and/or increase sync.

        Barry KS7DX

        Hi, I recently moved things around in the shack here. After hooking
        things back up, I ran some tests with KA9FOX and everything seemed to be
        working correctly except when the 30 receive cycle is done, the decode
        button flashes but nothing decodes automatically like I remember it
        doing usually. I can manually click on anywhere in the SpectJ window and
        decode. He was giving me 20DB signals. I must be doing something wrong,
        but can't figure it out. I am using 9.02 We ran many tests, and it never
        did a decode without me manually doing it. Thanks, John W9RPM

        --
        EMAIL: john@...
        WEBPAGE: http://www.w9rpm.com/