MS on 10 Metres?

  • Ken Alexander
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 7, 2011
      I've recently heard what to me sound like MS bursts on the 10 metre
      band, which makes me wonder if anyone out there is actively making MS
      QSOs on 10m. Anyone?

      73,

      Ken Alexander
      VE3HLS
    • Facility 406 DM09
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 7, 2011
        Meteor Scatter? I've considered EME. What frequencies are you hearing this
        on?

        Kurt

        : I've recently heard what to me sound like MS bursts on the 10 metre
        : band, which makes me wonder if anyone out there is actively making MS
        : QSOs on 10m. Anyone?
      • Art Roberts - W5AER
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 7, 2011
          I have worked forward scatter (and back scatter) on 15 meters. I would think this might be a possibility on 10 too, as it is on 6. I have certainly heard MS pings on 6 during a contest weekend. These were bursts of SSB and CW.  Definitely food for thought...

          --
          Art Roberts - W5AER
          Tariffville, CT
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 7, 2011
            Hi Kurt,

            The lower part of the ten metre band.  I noticed quite a bit of it last Sunday morning.  I woke up early to be there when 10 metres opened.  I was in front of the radio too early and there was no activity...except during the MS bursts when you could clearly hear strong RTTY signals, which I assume must have been European.

            I'll be on 10m this weekend for the ARRL 10m Contest.  There will be a lot of activity and I'll be in front of my radio before the band opens in the morning to see if I hear any bursts again.  Once the band is open it'll likely be so busy that you'll never hear them.  I was hearing them when I sat down at my K2 at 1100 UTC.

            73 - Ken