Re: [wsjtgroup] K7BV Grid Trip Photos

  • wayne@wayneheinen.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 13, 2011
      Thanks Jim, nice to see the other end of this morning QSO! Dennis,
      you'll have to wait for the QSL to see what you worked on this end!

      73

      Wayne N0POH

      Quoting Jim Brown <k9yc@...>:

      > Dennis was set up just down the road from me in CM86 this morning, so I
      > dropped by for a visit. I also shot some photos, and they're on my
      > website. He didn't set up 2M because there were no requests for CM86.
      > The rig is and FT450, and the block of power underneath it is an A1000.
      > The generator is one of the nice little Hondas, probably an EU2000i.
      >
      > http://audiosystemsgroup.com/K7BVGridTrip.pdf
      >
      > 73, Jim K9YC

    • Bob KD7YZ
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 13, 2011
        whoops, I forgot to see that there were two recipients me and the wsjt group

        On 10/13/2011 9:51 PM, Barry Garratt wrote:

        >The only different I see is that use an external USB
        > soundcard.

        Did you forget a word: "you" maybe? otherwise I am unclear why it can't
        happen to you.

        See, Windows takes whatever it finds ... in my case an external USB
        device mapped to Audio: SignaLink-USB

        If I opted to always use the internal audio, I would have to connect the
        microphone-input to the receive output, a PITA with little control.

        The way I am running it now, I have JT65hf and FLdigi running at the
        same time. Also DXLAB-suite ... they are all reading my FT-950.

        Except when I boot up I have to go and change the gd numbers around

        FLDigi searches for String name associated with each device number. In
        my case it's USB Audio Codec ///sometimes that string goes to 03 and
        sometimes to 04 .. who cares.... If WSJT9 would just look for the
        String Name which the device ALWAYS sends to the operating system at
        first query.

        Pretty simple concept. Easy to say but we aren't looking at the 100k
        lines of code either (previously a programmer)
      • Barry Garratt
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 13, 2011

          Thanks for sharing Jim. Nice pictures.

          Quoting Jim Brown <k9yc@...>:

          > Dennis was set up just down the road from me in CM86 this morning, so I
          > dropped by for a visit. I also shot some photos, and they're on my
          > website. He didn't set up 2M because there were no requests for CM86.
          > The rig is and FT450, and the block of power underneath it is an A1000.
          > The generator is one of the nice little Hondas, probably an EU2000i.
          >
          > http://audiosystemsgroup.com/K7BVGridTrip.pdf
          >
          > 73, Jim K9YC

        • Bill VanAlstyne W5WVO
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 18, 2011
            Hey Bob,

            Ya know, WSJT is open-source code. You can do it yourself! What a keen idea!!

            And that ‘s probably about the only way it’s going to get done. I know your “100k lines of code” was a SLIGHT exaggeration ... You can do it in your SPARE TIME!

            LOL

            Have fun Bob – Hope you needed NM on the bands I’ve been working you on lately (80m etc) – If you need 160, no joy on this end. I don’t have any antenna that will load on that band.....

            73
            Bill W5WVO