RE: [wsjtgroup] Startup Order of Audio Streams in Windows-7

  • Barry Garratt
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 13, 2011

      Hey Bob,

      I run Windows 7 64 bit Pro on multiple machines and have never seen this issue. Both WSJT and JT65-HF always start with the proper devices. The only different I see is that use an external USB soundcard. Perhaps the way the OS addresses those devices is what is causing your problem. Not much help I know but just some additional info for you to ponder. If you can, try and run WSJT or JT65-HF on one of the internal devices and see if that works every time. For example use 1 and 6 or even 2 and 6 just as an experiment. Leave the USB soundcard unplugged when you do this.

      Barry KS7DX

      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 13, 2011
        Dennis was set up just down the road from me in CM86 this morning, so I
        dropped by for a visit. I also shot some photos, and they're on my
        website. He didn't set up 2M because there were no requests for CM86.
        The rig is and FT450, and the block of power underneath it is an A1000.
        The generator is one of the nice little Hondas, probably an EU2000i.

        http://audiosystemsgroup.com/K7BVGridTrip.pdf

        73, Jim K9YC
      • wayne@wayneheinen.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 13, 2011
          Thanks Jim, nice to see the other end of this morning QSO! Dennis,
          you'll have to wait for the QSL to see what you worked on this end!

          73

          Wayne N0POH

          Quoting Jim Brown <k9yc@...>:

          > Dennis was set up just down the road from me in CM86 this morning, so I
          > dropped by for a visit. I also shot some photos, and they're on my
          > website. He didn't set up 2M because there were no requests for CM86.
          > The rig is and FT450, and the block of power underneath it is an A1000.
          > The generator is one of the nice little Hondas, probably an EU2000i.
          >
          > http://audiosystemsgroup.com/K7BVGridTrip.pdf
          >
          > 73, Jim K9YC

        • Bob KD7YZ
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 13, 2011
            whoops, I forgot to see that there were two recipients me and the wsjt group

            On 10/13/2011 9:51 PM, Barry Garratt wrote:

            >The only different I see is that use an external USB
            > soundcard.

            Did you forget a word: "you" maybe? otherwise I am unclear why it can't
            happen to you.

            See, Windows takes whatever it finds ... in my case an external USB
            device mapped to Audio: SignaLink-USB

            If I opted to always use the internal audio, I would have to connect the
            microphone-input to the receive output, a PITA with little control.

            The way I am running it now, I have JT65hf and FLdigi running at the
            same time. Also DXLAB-suite ... they are all reading my FT-950.

            Except when I boot up I have to go and change the gd numbers around

            FLDigi searches for String name associated with each device number. In
            my case it's USB Audio Codec ///sometimes that string goes to 03 and
            sometimes to 04 .. who cares.... If WSJT9 would just look for the
            String Name which the device ALWAYS sends to the operating system at
            first query.

            Pretty simple concept. Easy to say but we aren't looking at the 100k
            lines of code either (previously a programmer)
          • Barry Garratt
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 13, 2011

              Thanks for sharing Jim. Nice pictures.

              Quoting Jim Brown <k9yc@...>:

              > Dennis was set up just down the road from me in CM86 this morning, so I
              > dropped by for a visit. I also shot some photos, and they're on my
              > website. He didn't set up 2M because there were no requests for CM86.
              > The rig is and FT450, and the block of power underneath it is an A1000.
              > The generator is one of the nice little Hondas, probably an EU2000i.
              >
              > http://audiosystemsgroup.com/K7BVGridTrip.pdf
              >
              > 73, Jim K9YC

            • Bill VanAlstyne W5WVO
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 18, 2011
                Hey Bob,

                Ya know, WSJT is open-source code. You can do it yourself! What a keen idea!!

                And that ‘s probably about the only way it’s going to get done. I know your “100k lines of code” was a SLIGHT exaggeration ... You can do it in your SPARE TIME!

                LOL

                Have fun Bob – Hope you needed NM on the bands I’ve been working you on lately (80m etc) – If you need 160, no joy on this end. I don’t have any antenna that will load on that band.....

                73
                Bill W5WVO