Error Message

  • Bob KD7YZ
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 26, 2011
      Last couple of weeks I have been seeing the following error appear. I do
      no know when it appears nor the consequences. The widow in which it
      appears is usually 'Minimized' due to other clutter onscreen:

      WSJT Version 9.02 r2226 , by K1JT
      Revision date: 2010-10-25 13:46:52 -0400 (Mon, 25 Oct 2010)
      Run date: Mon Sep 26 16:19:29 2011 UTC

      Audio Input Output Device Name
      Device Channels Channels
      0 2 0 Microsoft Sound Mapper - Input
      1 2 0 Microphone (High Definition Aud
      2 2 0 Line In (High Definition Audio
      3 2 0 USB Audio Codec (USB Audio CODE
      4 2 0 CD Audio (High Definition Audio
      5 0 2 Microsoft Sound Mapper - Output
      6 0 2 Speakers (High Definition Audio
      7 0 2 USB Audio Codec (USB Audio CODE

      User requested devices: Input = 3 Output = 7
      Default devices: Input = 0 Output = 5
      Will open devices: Input = 3 Output = 7
      Audio streams running normally.
      Exception in Tkinter callback
      Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "C:\Users\joe\wsjt\wsjt7a\buildwsjt\out1.pyz/Tkinter", line 1414,
      in __ca
      ll__
      File "<string>", line 516, in addtodb
      UnboundLocalError: local variable 'hc1' referenced before assignment
      Exception in Tkinter callback
      Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "C:\Users\joe\wsjt\wsjt7a\buildwsjt\out1.pyz/Tkinter", line 1414,
      in __ca
      ll__
      File "<string>", line 516, in addtodb
      UnboundLocalError: local variable 'hc1' referenced before assignment
    • w7jhr
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 12
        I just started receiving an error message that reads: "An error opening the audio input device has occurred."  What does this mean and how can I fix it?
        Thanks,
        Jim
        W7JHR

      • Black Michael
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 12
          It usually means the audio device is no longer there....plugged into another USB port or such.

          I've found similar problems before after Windows 10 updates.

          Just remove ALL sound USB devices (and check the "remove files" box for each too).
          Then let the system reinstall and re-select your audio device in WSJT-X.

          de Mike W9MDB