Random Hour Report for 9-17-2011

  • David R. Hassall
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 20, 2011
      Random Hour Report for 9/17/2011
      I received 5 reports this week. I am now answering the receipt
      of each report. If you do not get a "thank you" email back,
      I didn't get your report for some Reason. So, please resend it.

      Ping Jockey scheduling page is:
      Backup page for Ping Jockey is:
      http://vhftalk.aa1yn.com/index.html

      Codes:
      WRK - Worked station
      CNR - Called but not worked
      HRD - Heard
      (R) = Random contact
      (S) = Scheduled contact

      Contacts:
      6M
      N9EGT WRK: K8MD(R) HRD: AA5AM, WA3LBI

      VE1SKY WRK: kF6A(R), AE3T(R), VE3EK(R)

      NJ0W WRK: KS7S(R), W7OUU(R), KI7JA(R), W7MEM(R), K6EU(R), K7MAC(R),
      W5WVO(R), W0IOH(R) K9YC(S), K7TNT(S) CNR: K6JEB HRD: KB7ME

      AA5AM WRK: KS7S(R), N0LWH(R) HRD: W5UWB

      NE1I WRK: KF6A (S)

      2M - NONE REPORTED!

      Soapbox:
      N9EGT: I am only using a 80 meter loop with my tuner but can
      hear 6 meters and do limited transmitting.

      NWOJ: Got back in the saddle with 6m m/s this morning out on the
      DM35/45 boundary where Old Route 66 crosses it West of Parks, AZ.
      Was using NJ0W/M66 as my call since I am helping out with Rover
      Credit for the 'Route 66 On-the-Air' special event on HF this week
      (the event also includes 6m but it is a bad time of year for Es).
      I'm not one of the official stations (they are all W6? calls) but
      a contact with me counts as a 'mobile' endorsement on the event
      certificate. It was nice to see the old guard from my summer grid
      trip and also a couple of new call signs.

      73 Dave
      David R. Hassall WA5DJJ
      Email: dhassall@...