Lecture material needed

  • David Hilton-Jones
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 14, 2011

      I confess immediately this is a request for out and out plagiarism!!

      At the RSGB Convention in October I have agreed to give an absolute beginners talk on using wsjt software. The “theme” is to try to encourage those with a 144MHz black box with 100 watts and a modest aerial to have a go at working “daily DX” by MS, and to a lesser extent by EME, and by tropo when condx are poor.

      I do not have any software to record QSOs in progress, etc. but guess someone may have – would be nice to show a QSO “in progress”. Last year I gave a beginners talk on EME and we tried to demonstrate using a simple set-up, but had major problems with power line QRM and it wasn’t hugely successful, although I may try this time demonstrating a tropo QSO. But if I can find suitable material will stick to an off-air demo.

      I know many of you will have lectured to your local club, etc. I’m looking for very basic stuff – and will not be offering any technical info about Reed-Solomon etc.!! The aim is to get more people using wsjt – we are all converts and use it on a daily basis, and perhaps sometimes forget there are many hams out there who have never linked a computer to their rig – at least I think that’s the case as otherwise there won’t be anyone at my talk!

      Thanks, in advance

      David, G4YTL