Re: [wsjtgroup] Rate In/Out

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 11, 2011
      From: "Dave" <dave@...>
      > wierd to the PC clock.

      Sorry, that should be spelt 'weird'.

      Dave (G0DJA)
    • Jim Malone
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 12, 2011
        Dave,

        I am now using D4 or Meinberg for my PC clock synchronization in a way that keeps me in time yet minimize the " wandering " .

        I start the D4 program after I turn on my PC I look at the correction factor in the lower screen and note when the sync took place. If that sync occurred in and around the time I started the D4 I know I got a true sync .

        I then exit the program . I have found in my case constant corrections affect WSJT. It has been better to get a sync and shut D4 off.

        Sometimes I look at the history to were the timing has skewed, it should be close to the zero seconds point after awhile. The chart represents seconds of error on the "Y" axis and date on the "x" axis . Every once in awhile you can see large corrections.

          73  Jim

        Sent from my iPad