Re: [wsjtgroup] Rate In/Out

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 11, 2011
      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2011 9:26 PM
      Subject: [wsjtgroup] Rate In/Out

      > I've not yet been able to get my head round what goes on with the
      > soundcard
      > Rate In and Rate Out settings in WSJT.

      I think I've found the solution to my problem.

      Use Firefox instead of Opera!

      I shut down everything, I deleted old files, cleared the cache, cleaned the
      registry, all no good. Then I closed Opera and used Firefox instead... As
      soon as I did this, Dimension 4 stopped having to adjust the clock by up to
      6 seconds every 10 minutes, the Rate In/Out in WSJT stopped altering and the
      red warnings stopped appearing. OK, I'll admit that the Rate In/Out still
      does still alter, but not by much.

      I've no idea why or how, but it seems the Opera browser was doing something
      wierd to the PC clock.

      Dave (G0DJA)
    • Dave
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 11, 2011
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 12, 2011
          Dave,

          I am now using D4 or Meinberg for my PC clock synchronization in a way that keeps me in time yet minimize the " wandering " .

          I start the D4 program after I turn on my PC I look at the correction factor in the lower screen and note when the sync took place. If that sync occurred in and around the time I started the D4 I know I got a true sync .

          I then exit the program . I have found in my case constant corrections affect WSJT. It has been better to get a sync and shut D4 off.

          Sometimes I look at the history to were the timing has skewed, it should be close to the zero seconds point after awhile. The chart represents seconds of error on the "Y" axis and date on the "x" axis . Every once in awhile you can see large corrections.

            73  Jim

          Sent from my iPad