Hello de KX9X / WSJT with SignalLink USB & 746 Pro

  • S.K.
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 10, 2011
      Hi folks-

      New to the group. Dabbled with WSJT on 6 and 2m about 8 or 9 years ago...long enough to consider myself a newbie again at this point.

      I'm attempting to use WSJT 9 on an Icom 746 Pro with a SignalLink USB. I have the SinaLink connecte to the small data port on the back of the 746. I was able to transmit/receive on HF with PSK31 successfully, but am not able to key the xmit on WSJT. I'm all but certain it's merely a port setting issue on my PC.

      I read the group archives and found the note that suggested I configure the Port setting in WSJT to match  whatever my port setting is within Windows XP's Hardware Devise Manager. However, I go there and while I do have a listing for USB Codec (the SignaLink ), there's no COM port assigned to it.

      I'm certain I'm overlooking something simple... can anybody nudge me in the right direction, please?

      Looking forward to getting on WSJT again on VHF and working some of you via meteors.

      Sean Kutzko
      Amateur Radio KX9X
    • S.K.
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 11, 2011
        Hi folks-

        Thanks to the numerous replies, I was able to determine the problem. It was, as I expected, a software setting on my end within WSJT. I'm now successfully keying the rig, but ran out of time to operate until Monday. I'll keep reading and will hopefully start making QSOs this week.

        Thanks again!

        Sean Kutzko
        Amateur Radio KX9X

      • lzavadil@embarqmail.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 11, 2011
          Sean  --  Haven’t seen a reply to your post yet...Using the Signalink with WSJT, set the PTT Port in the WSJT setup to 0 (zero).  The Signalink will then key the rig through the PTT pin on the ACC connector.
          -- 73 -- Les, W4FRA