WTB: 6m AMP

  • Kyle Chavis
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 7, 2011
      Looking for a 6 meter amplifier something in the 400-600 watt range.
      Solid state or tube what you got? Not looking for the amp that needs
      this or that must be plug and play.
      Thanks,
      Kyle
    • Jim Brown
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 7, 2011
        On 9/7/2011 4:23 PM, Kyle Chavis wrote:
        > Looking for a 6 meter amplifier something in the 400-600 watt range.
        > Solid state or tube what you got? Not looking for the amp that needs
        > this or that must be plug and play.

        If you are willing to consider new, look at the new Elecraft amp, which
        gives me 550W in keydown modes on 6M, and 650-700 on the HF bands.
        Instant on, auto-detect of operating frequency from a dit or tap of the
        mic. 120VAC and 240V, switchable at the fuse block. About $2K as a
        kit, 4 hours to build.

        73, Jim K9YC