Random Hour Report 9-3-2011

  • David R. Hassall
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2011
      Random Hour Report for 9/3/2011
      I received 1 reports this week. I am now answering the receipt
      of each report. If you do not get a "thank you" email back,
      I didn't get your report for some Reason. So, please resend it.

      Ping Jockey scheduling page is:
      Backup page for Ping Jockey is:
      http://vhftalk.aa1yn.com/index.html

      Codes:
      WRK - Worked station
      CNR - Called but not worked
      HRD - Heard
      (R) = Random contact
      (S) = Scheduled contact

      Contacts:
      6M
      AA5AM WRK: K2DRH(S), W9FF(R)

      2M NONE REPORTED!

      Soapbox:
      AA5AM: Guess the holiday weekend had everyone's attention. Not much
      activity to report.

      WA5DJJ: I guess the Hurricane IRENE on the East Coast and the
      Hurricane LEE in the Gulf of Mexico has really put the hurts on the
      Meteor Scatter operations. I sure hope it picks up soon along with the
      reports. Maybe this part of the old way of Meteor Scatter Operations
      has lost it's importance. The reports have been falling off for the
      past 6 months. Since most do not operate Randomly but use the internet
      Ping Jockey to arrange their contacts, This report that does take time
      to compile and publish may not be needed anymore. Without reports from
      the Meteor Scatter Operators, There is no report to compile. With over
      40 or 50 operators operating Meteor Scatter over the weekends, a number
      of reports received is less that 6 most times. It makes the report of
      limited value as there is not enough information on other operators
      operation. Don't know what the answer really is, or who finds this
      report valuable.

      73 Dave
      David R. Hassall WA5DJJ
      Email: dhassall@...