Re: [wsjtgroup] WSJT CALL3.TXT FILE

  • Bruce Brackin
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 6, 2011
      GM Tom - clip from the manual:

      The Callsign Database
      As an operating convenience, WSJT makes use of a simple callsign
      database file named CALL3.TXT. A default file is distributed with the
      program, but you will want to update the file yourself and perhaps
      modify it to suit your regional needs. Current versions of the default
      file are maintained by DL8EBW and can be downloaded from

      http://www.dl8ebw.de/DATABASE/database.html.

      A good reminder to all to add their info or check their listing if
      moved, new call, etc.

      Bruce N5SIX
    • Dave
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 6, 2011
        Probably the easiest way is just to type your own callsign into the 'To
        Radio' box and enter your locator square in the 'Grid' box and click the
        "Add" button. It will ask you if the station is known to be on EME, which
        only you can answer of course, then you will have been added into the
        CALL3.TXT file on your computer.

        If you then want to appear in the CALL3.TXT file on the various download
        sites, then you will need to send your modified CALL3.TXT file to them, or
        register with them and add your details. There are various ones, but here's
        a good selection to be going on with.

        http://www.aa1yn.com/wsjt/
        http://www.bigskyspaces.com/w7gj/tracker.htm
        http://www.mmmonvhf.de/dbase.php