WSJT CALL3.TXT FILE

  • hamwn6t
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 5, 2011
      Would someone please tell me where to go so I may enter my call leters in the CALL3.TXT file?

      Thanks Very Much,

      73's,

      Tom, WN6T
    • Bruce Brackin
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 6, 2011
        GM Tom - clip from the manual:

        The Callsign Database
        As an operating convenience, WSJT makes use of a simple callsign
        database file named CALL3.TXT. A default file is distributed with the
        program, but you will want to update the file yourself and perhaps
        modify it to suit your regional needs. Current versions of the default
        file are maintained by DL8EBW and can be downloaded from

        http://www.dl8ebw.de/DATABASE/database.html.

        A good reminder to all to add their info or check their listing if
        moved, new call, etc.

        Bruce N5SIX
      • Dave
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 6, 2011
          Probably the easiest way is just to type your own callsign into the 'To
          Radio' box and enter your locator square in the 'Grid' box and click the
          "Add" button. It will ask you if the station is known to be on EME, which
          only you can answer of course, then you will have been added into the
          CALL3.TXT file on your computer.

          If you then want to appear in the CALL3.TXT file on the various download
          sites, then you will need to send your modified CALL3.TXT file to them, or
          register with them and add your details. There are various ones, but here's
          a good selection to be going on with.

          http://www.aa1yn.com/wsjt/
          http://www.bigskyspaces.com/w7gj/tracker.htm
          http://www.mmmonvhf.de/dbase.php