Random Hour Report for 8/13/2011

  • David R. Hassall
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 16, 2011
      Random Hour Report for 8/13/2011
      I received 6 reports this week. I am now answering the receipt
      of each report. If you do not get a "thank you" email back,
      I didn't get your report for some Reason. So, please resend it.

      Ping Jockey scheduling page is:
      Backup page for Ping Jockey is:
      http://vhftalk.aa1yn.com/index.html

      Codes:
      WRK - Worked station
      CNR - Called but not worked
      HRD - Heard
      (R) = Random contact
      (S) = Scheduled contact

      Contacts:
      6M
      WA5DJJ WRK: N9HH (R/FSK/ISCAT), ND0B(R/ISCAT), W3BNN(R/ISCAT),
      KE7NR(R/ISCAT) HRD: K5CM

      W2KKJ HRD: WA4CQG, VE1SKY, AJ1E

      K7IP WRK: N6RMJ(S), K7MAC(R) HRD: WD6DBM

      WA6VCR WRK: KD7UO(R) HRD: K9YC, WD6DBM, K7IP

      K4YMQ WRK: KA9FCD(R), N0LWF(R), VE3KU(R) CNR: W3ZUP

      2M
      NONE REPORTED!

      220 MHZ
      W5UWB WRK: NQ7R (S)

      SOAPBOX:
      K7IP: Lots of great pings from both N6RMJ and WD6DBM, even
      with the radiant not favoring N/S. I do wish Pat had been
      about 30 miles farther out, we just missed a Super7 1k qso.

      Having a full time job is inconvenient for all the grid
      activity this summer. About half the locations were unworkable
      for me because of time constraints. However KB7Q, K7BV, and NJ0W
      certainly did add to my totals. Still have a long way to go for
      MS-only VUCC though. It's a tough road up here in the 'corner'
      with so little activity within range.

      W5UWB: Not random, but interesting I think.. Worked NQ7R DM42dt
      (885 miles) on 222.090. This was at 1830utc, not a really good
      time of day for sure! FSK 441...His station 110w and 10el....
      Mine of course 1500w and 17el at 54'.

      73 Dave
      David R. Hassall WA5DJJ
      WEBSITE: http://www.zianet.com/dhassall/