5W0GJ coming up on 6m JT65A mode!

  • Lance Collister, W7GJ
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 15, 2011
      Just a last minute reminder ;-) I am leaving the day after tmrw for 5W!

      All the radio equipment is checked out and packed. I hope to be QRV by my moonrise at
      1200Z on August 22. PSE watch for news on the MMM on VHF page and on the ON4KST EME
      chat... I may have a chance to find an internet cafe after I am set up. I also ask
      that everyone who copies me or contacts me please SPOT ME on the DX Cluster! That
      way people will know that I am QRV and on what frequency. I will always be
      transmitting first sequence JT65A and I PLAN to operate on 50.190, but that will not
      be confirmed until I get there and listen for birdies. Full information on my website:

      http://www.bigskyspaces.com/w7gj/Samoa2011.htm

      Because there was such solar noise during the last new moon, I suspect that we may
      also have the same thing during this next new moon, which happens the last weekend in
      August (right in the middle of the otherwise optimum EME cndx). For that reason, I
      encourage people to plan to look for me EARLY in the period ;-) I plan to be QRV
      from moonrise to moonset (or as far west as I can turn the antenna and operate in
      that direction) on Friday August 26, so I should be able to provide a long window of
      opportunity (at least for NA stations). I also plan to be QRV all through that
      weekend, from moonrise to as far west as I can operate. My last planned operation
      will be when my moon reaches 20 degrees elevation during my moonrise on August 31.

      GL and hope to see many of you in the log! VY 73, Lance
      --
      Lance Collister, W7GJ
      (ex WA3GPL, WA1JXN, WA1JXN/C6A, ZF2OC/ZF8, E51SIX, 3D2LR, 5W0GJ)

      page (above)!