K1JT joe's FMT program help neede in windows 7

  • Stuart
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 14, 2011
      Last november Curt Nixon KU8L posted a message on the FMT-Nuts reflector on how to get the WSPR program to create
      the fmt.ini file when using the program with a non-cat radio which works fine on my old computer. My new windows seven
      machine does not have any com ports. I scrolled down the list of ports and found USB at the end of the list and selected
      USB for CAT port and checked the cat control box. WSPR then created the fmt.ini file with –r USB.  However, when I go to
      the command line and run a bat file for an fmt I get a rig open: IO error followed by an failure to set frequency error and the
      batch file ends without running the fmt command. Has anyone been able to get the FMT program to work under Win7?

      Stuart
      N5LBZ