NJ0W QSLs status

  • Bill VanAlstyne W5WVO
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2011
      David NJ0W is still working on his beautiful one-off QSLs (including photo clip of GPS showing exact coordinates for boundary and confluence operations), and sent me this email recently:

      ”Bill,

      ”I grossly underestimated the number of cards (it is looking more like 1500-2000 right now) so I backed up to print/cut more.  I also underestimated how long it would take to plow through validating and filling out the cards for an 80 grid packet. ... Finally, I found that coming back to a retired, out-of-focus lifestyle after a 6-week return [i.e., the Grid DXpedition] to a razor-sharp, single-purpose, mission-oriented lifestyle, like I lead in the USAF before retiring, has proven more difficult than it was the first time.

      ”I'll drop those [QSLs] I have done (including yours) into the mail tonight before I leave [for ND visit] and I am also taking everything with me and will complete them, or at least as many as I can until I run out of specific cards again, while I am in ND.

      “David NJ0W”

      So if you’re waiting for QSLs from David’s big Grid DXpedition this spring/summer, the wait is almost over. I got mine (10 new FFMA grids!) yesterday.

      Bill W5WVO