Re: [wsjtgroup] K7BV Grid Trips End...for now

  • Lance Collister, W7GJ
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31, 2011
      MNI TNX Dennis, for a heroic effort! I have to say, I am a bit worried about you
      pushing yourself too hard and sure hope you can take it a bit easy for awhile! It
      seems like your diligence drew the Es out just about wherever you went, and even
      though the band seemed to be "dead", there you were on 50.155 - often on Es!!!

      MNI TNX especially for the two rare ones I needed down in DM71 and DL79 ;-) Amazing
      contacts and propagation from areas that had previously been so elusive! Looking
      forward to seeing you in a few months, and hearing about the owl episode...as long as
      it doesn't hoot while flying over your head, you are in good shape ;-)

      Keep up the spirit, and may you be able to play on the Magic Band for many years to
      come! VY 73, Lance

      --
      Lance Collister, W7GJ
      (ex WA3GPL, WA1JXN, WA1JXN/C6A, ZF2OC/ZF8, E51SIX, 3D2LR, 5W0GJ)

      page (above)!
    • Jim Kennedy
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2011

        Well, I can only echo Paul’s words. It was a great great summer with all the “Grid Expeditioners” that were out motoring around. It seemed every morning there was someone in a new grid. In fact my “New
        Grid” cup is overflowing. . But, I must say one of the highlights of the summer was a chance to visit with Dennis at the Idaho State Convention in Boise while he was out on his first grid trip and then later on in the summer having breakfast with Tim K7XC right here in Twinkie Falls. Thanks to all of you who expended the effort, Mac, David,  Dennis, Barry,  Tim--- You guys rock.

        Jim W7OUU

        Sent: Sunday, July 31, 2011 8:07 PM
        Subject: Re: [FFMA] K7BV Grid Trips End...for now

        Hi Dennis,

        Thanks to you and the other guys who activated all those grids, I got a bunch of new grids when I thought I wouldn't have a chance to get more than one or two. You gave me DM63 which turned out to be the last FFMA grid that I needed within meteor scatter range. That was definitely a milestone for me. Thanks so much!

        73, Paul K7CW