Fw: [PNWVHFS] Photos of my DN04 trip

  • Bruce Junkin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26, 2011
      Here is a link to some of the photos of my trip to Black Butte in DN04km, northwest of the town of Mt Vernon, Oregon.  I only managed 54 QSO’s during the contest from  this location, but I had also taken 1296 along with me, and was able to make contacts with KB7W in Bend, W7ID near Boise, the several stations in CN87.  That was the highlight of the trip.  There were many thunder storms that moved thru the area, and I would have to shut everything down, and just sit in my vehicle until the storm passed.  Fortunately, none of the storms hit me, but veered off either to the west, or to the east, thank God!  The Forest Service Fire watchers were at the Lookout all weekend, and the husband and wife team were both hams and knew exactly what I was doing up there.  Also, the husband was retired from Bonneville Power Administration, as am I, so we had a lot in common.  If you have problems with this link, let me know.  I’ll send a different one.  Enjoy.  73’s.

      Bruce, KI7JA

      --
      ~The Voice of the Pacific NorthWest VHF Society~