Repaired and ready to run.....

  • Randy Tipton
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 18, 2002
      I finally got everything working again, I hope... A very key learning
      for me, don't take short-cuts. I got a power surge during a electrical
      storm. I disconnected my rigs from the antenna tuner but not the
      Antenna's from the Tuners. Lost two tuners and also took a hit in the
      phone lines. I lost a soundcard and also the Operating System.
      (Windows 98) Another key learning, when purchasing soundcards look for
      exact replacement if possible. I came home with the cheapest made,
      didn't work. Then got top of the line SoundBlaster and the only way I
      could get it installed was a "full-install".(Even selecting Drivers
      only loaded the hole thing ;>(() It took over 600 Meg Bites and had
      more bells and whistles than I would ever need. (It actually crashed
      my computer on an install when I ran out of memory) I then tried to do
      an install on another drive but it kept installing to the C drive and
      crashing. Any how, I seem to have a good soundcard now the
      SoundBlaster PCI512. I also lost the 4N25's in the interfaces and had
      a selector switch between interfaces arced over!

      While I was out, I see we have a new WSJT Version. Looks really neat,
      can even monitor both sides of JT44;>). Thanks Joe!

      By the way, this is April 18th, the Rally is only a few days off
      starting on April27th if I remember right. I hope to increase my
      initials on two meters, I actually have more initials on six meters
      than two!

      For now, just hoping to keep the surges out.

      Tip

      Randy Tipton (Tip)
      WA5UFH EL19pa

      My Web Page
      http://www.qsl.net/wa5ufh/
      WSJT Group
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wsjtgroup/?yguid=6309253

      Scriptures I would like to share with you:
      Heb 5:9; Acts 2:38; Rom 16:16: Eph 4: 1 - 7; John 17:20 - 23
    • g8fxm@toombs.co.uk
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 19, 2002
        Welcome Back... :-)

        Dave G8FXM

        >I finally got everything working again, I hope... A very key learning
        >for me, don't take short-cuts. I got a power surge during a electrical
        >storm. I disconnected my rigs from the antenna tuner but not the
        >Antenna's from the Tuners. Lost two tuners and also took a hit in the
        >phone lines. I lost a soundcard and also the Operating System.
        >(Windows 98) Another key learning, when purchasing soundcards look for
        >exact replacement if possible. I came home with the cheapest made,
        >didn't work. Then got top of the line SoundBlaster and the only way I
        >could get it installed was a "full-install".(Even selecting Drivers
        >only loaded the hole thing ;>(() It took over 600 Meg Bites and had
        >more bells and whistles than I would ever need. (It actually crashed
        >my computer on an install when I ran out of memory) I then tried to do
        >an install on another drive but it kept installing to the C drive and
        >crashing. Any how, I seem to have a good soundcard now the
        >SoundBlaster PCI512. I also lost the 4N25's in the interfaces and had
        >a selector switch between interfaces arced over!
        >
        >While I was out, I see we have a new WSJT Version. Looks really neat,
        >can even monitor both sides of JT44;>). Thanks Joe!
        >
        >By the way, this is April 18th, the Rally is only a few days off
        >starting on April27th if I remember right. I hope to increase my
        >initials on two meters, I actually have more initials on six meters
        >than two!
        >
        >For now, just hoping to keep the surges out.
        >
        >Tip
        >

        >Randy Tipton (Tip)
        >WA5UFH EL19pa
        >
        >My Web Page
        >http://www.qsl.net/wa5ufh/
        >WSJT Group
        >http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wsjtgroup/?yguid=6309253
        >

        >Scriptures I would like to share with you:
        >Heb 5:9; Acts 2:38; Rom 16:16: Eph 4: 1 - 7; John 17:20 - 23

      • km5es_john
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 20, 2002
          Tip

          Glas to see your back on the air. My station is down until I get a
          rotor working and power divider and feedline straightened out. Hope
          to get going before the contest/rally.

          John KM5ES