Re: [wsjtgroup] Runtime error

  • Bruce Brackin
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 18 2:30 PM
      On 7/12/2011 9:57 AM, Stew wrote:
      > What frequencies should I be tuned to on 6 meters?

      Stu - Good deal on getting the program working.

      The main calling freq most use (and should use!) is 50.260 for m/s
      FSK441 and ISCAT. If you are watching PJ, you will see folks announce
      CQ's all over the map - hi. Folks traveling about on grid trips will
      often announce to this and and the FFMA group what their operating freq
      will be for WSJT modes as well as SSB/CW. If you want to try JT65A,
      then 50.276 seems to be becoming the main freq for that.

      Learn to use the offset calling technique:
      http://www.ykc.com/wa5ufh/WSJTGROUP/randomhour.htm
      I worked 5 randoms on 6m ms yesterday morning in an hour or so using
      offset calling. Only one was on PJ or showing on the earwigging page.

      If you get 2m going, 144.140 is the calling freq there.

      Bruce N5SIX