Wallpaper

  • Mike Hasselbeck
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 5, 2004
      Just received my certificate for the December NAHSMS Contest from John,
      N6ENU. Many thanks to the contest organizers and participants for a
      challenging but enjoyable weekend on the rocks this past December.
      Looking forward to the next one!

      Mike WB2FKO
      Low Power, Single Band, Mountain Time Zone
      Message 2 of 9 , May 9, 2005
        Well, another Spring Rally is complete -- and I had a ball, as always.

        I ran unassisted this year, which is why you haven't seen me on Ping
        Jockey for more than a week.

        I suspect there must have been quite a few more stations that were on,
        but were not looking for random QSOs. I worked nearly everyone that I
        heard; many thanks to all those who answered my CQs, or put out their
        own CQs on the calling frequencies!

        -- 73, Joe, K1JT

        My log summary:

        Band QSOs Points Grids
        ---------------------------
        50 24 72 22
        144 11 33 10
        ---------------------------
        Totals 35 105 32

        Total score: 105 x 32 = 3360
      • Bob Poortinga
        Message 3 of 9 , May 9, 2005
          Joe Taylor <joe@...> writes:

          > I suspect there must have been quite a few more stations that were on,
          > but were not looking for random QSOs. I worked nearly everyone that I
          > heard; many thanks to all those who answered my CQs, or put out their
          > own CQs on the calling frequencies!

          The contest was a mixed bag for me. I had good luck the first weekend,
          but the last couple days were awful. I ran unassisted, low-power, single
          band on 6m. It seemed like Joe was in the next county. I copied him
          almost every sequence he called in my direction, often via tropo. Last
          Saturday, I got little airtime because I was studying for the Element 4
          exam which I took (and passed) at noon. In the afternoon and evening, I
          was attending my daughter's college graduation and openhouse.

          Yesterday was particularly disappointing, I called CQ on and off for almost
          4 hours in the morning and never got a reply. I tried answering N5SIX/M's
          CQ but no luck. Other than Joe and Bruce, there were very few stations
          calling CQ that I could hear. I thought the conditions generally were OK
          and I know that my station is not deaf, so what's the deal? Don't people
          who are QRV on PingJockey listen on the calling frequency when they are idle?
          There were also several stations I heard quite well, but couldn't work for
          some reason. Perhaps calling CQ with U/D is too confusing for some
          operators. I had one busted QSO with WA4HFN. When I was TXing my REM69,
          he suddenly started calling another station. I never completed with him.

          I was hoping for at least 12 Rally QSOs, but only managed 9, the same as
          last contest.

          My log summary:

          Band QSOs Points Grids
          ---------------------------
          50 9 27 9
          ---------------------------

          Total score: 27 x 9 = 243

          --
          Bob Poortinga K9SQL/AE
          Bloomington, Indiana US
          Message 4 of 9 , May 10, 2005
            Monitored 50.260MHz the first weekend, randomly the rest of the week,
            decoded absolutely nothing using FSK441A.
            Total score: 0

            W7USB
          • Walter Miller, AJ6T
            Message 5 of 9 , May 11, 2005
              Clyde,

              Too bad you were not able to make any MS QSOs during the Rally. I did
              copy you CQing on 50.260 the first weekend on 30Apr2005 at 1711z. I
              called you but got no response. I was hoping to run into you later
              during the contest, but I didn't hear you again. I managed to get 17
              QSOs during the Rally, 13 on 6m and 4 on 2m.

              I'd be glad to run a sked with you sometime if you would like to
              checkout your gear.

              73,
              Walt, AJ6T
              CM87