Re: [wsjtgroup] FFMA Grids Checklist Spreadsheet

  • Alex SV1NZX
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 10, 2011
      Hi Lance good morning there

      DX-Atlas could be used for a similar cause i suppose - right-clicking on each grid square would allow you to select Worked and Confirmed on all squares globally :)

      Best 73
      Alex
      F/SV1NZX

      On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 3:26 AM, Lance Collister, W7GJ <w7gj@...> wrote:

      Well, I bit the bullet, and started sorting through all my 6m QSL cards, sorting them
      into Fields, and sending out scores of SASE's to folks for the missing QSL cards.
      Whew - what a job! To help me try to get organized, I made an Excel spreadsheet,
      which really helped ME, at least. In the event anybody else would like to try it, I
      have put a blank copy up on my website:

      http://www.bigskyspaces.com/w7gj/FFMA GRIDS CHECKLIST.xls

      The spreadsheet basically starts out showing that you still need to work everything.
      When you find a QSL card, you enter the callsign under the CALLSIGN column behind
      the appropriate grid. That grid will turn from RED to GREEN when you enter a
      callsign. If you have worked a grid, but have not received a card from anybody there
      yet, just enter a "*", and the grid will turn YELLOW. The totals for those three
      categories (confirmed, worked but not confirmed, and still needed to work) are shown
      for each field as well as the entire country.

      I still don't think I can post to the FFMA group, but if this looks of interest,
      maybe somebody in that group can post it there. I hope it helps some of you get your
      hands around this very imposing project - it sure helped me!

      GL and VY 73, Lance

      P.S. - Now that I have my information filled in, the sheet shows I still need to work
      15 more tough grids. We sure need to start getting a LOT better Es if I am going to
      get FFMA in my lifetime! It it a fun goal anyway ;-)

      --
      Lance Collister, W7GJ
      (ex WA3GPL, WA1JXN, WA1JXN/C6A, ZF2OC/ZF8, E51SIX, 3D2LR, 5W0GJ)

      page (above)!

    • Sebastian, W4AS