Re: [wsjtgroup] FFMA Grids Checklist Spreadsheet

  • Lance Collister, W7GJ
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 9 8:09 PM
      Hi Kevin,

      TNX for your email.

      On 7/10/2011 2:09 AM, kevin kaufhold wrote:
      > Lance:
      > I could not open the link. Said it wasnot exstant. Maybe, bad direction on my part.

      Yes, sorry about that :-( I shouldn't have tried to leave spaces in between the
      words in the file name. Works FB here, but email programs break up the URL. However,
      if you just highlight the entire link as it appears in the email (including the out
      to the ".xls")and then COPY it and PASTE it into your browser, you will have it all
      OK. Not quite as user friendly as just clicking on a hyperlink, but just as
      effective - or in this case, MORE effective ;-)

      > In any event, if you are at 400 FFMA grids confrimed, please send me thr spreadsheet
      > directly, and I will put you in the FFMA leader board.

      I was wondering how to get into that list - I didn't see any way to contact anyone
      when I found it on the ARRL site. I am not sure I qualify yet though...until I get
      replies from my massive SASE mailing, I only have 348 of the FFMA grids confirmed out
      of 473 worked. Is there a place to list the grids you still need so they can be used
      to see what the "most wanted" grids are?

      You should be able to post to
      > the file area of FFMA users group, pse do so at your convenience. lots of people have
      > done that.

      TNX for the info, Kevin. I am pretty new to this stuff, and have not seen a lot of
      info about it. I did see the nifty map, but I already have a very nice map on DX
      Atlas, and what I needed was a place to list the stations that I contacted. I could
      not add columns to the nifty map spreadsheet, so I made my own. I will send you a
      copy directly.

      > Also, a nifty excel based spreadsheet has already been developed for FFMA, complete
      > with a map that is linked to the input of the grids confirmed. It is at:
      > http://www.arrl.org/ffma Various versions of the grid tracker sheet are also in the
      > files section of the FFMA group. Sounds like you kind of did similar things with your
      > spreadsheet. Would be interested in looking at it, if nothing else to add to the grid
      > trakcer program with you concepts.
      > Kevin
      > W9GKA

      When I tried to join the FFMA group, Yahoo wanted all kinds of info from me and
      wanted me to get a yahoo email. I was hoping this wouldn't be necessary :-( With
      our Google groups you can use any email.

      The FFMA thing is really catching on and there has been talk on the ON4KST Region 2
      6m Chat page about grid DXpeditions in other parts of the country besides here in the
      west. Now that I have all the information on my spreadsheet, and have little
      envelopes for each field with one QSL for each grid, I feel the project is almost
      manageable ;-)

      Thanks and VY 73, Lance

      --
      Lance Collister, W7GJ
      (ex WA3GPL, WA1JXN, WA1JXN/C6A, ZF2OC/ZF8, E51SIX, 3D2LR, 5W0GJ)
      P.O. Box 73
      Frenchtown, MT 59834-0073
      USA
      TEL: (406) 626-5728
      QTH: DN27ub
      Windows Messenger: W7GJ@...
      Skype: lanceW7GJ
      2m DXCC #11/6m DXCC #815

      page (above)!
    • Alex SV1NZX
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 10 6:57 AM
        Hi Lance good morning there

        DX-Atlas could be used for a similar cause i suppose - right-clicking on each grid square would allow you to select Worked and Confirmed on all squares globally :)

        Best 73
        Alex
        F/SV1NZX

        On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 3:26 AM, Lance Collister, W7GJ <w7gj@...> wrote:

[...]