FFMA Grids Checklist Spreadsheet

  • Lance Collister, W7GJ
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 9, 2011
      Well, I bit the bullet, and started sorting through all my 6m QSL cards, sorting them
      into Fields, and sending out scores of SASE's to folks for the missing QSL cards.
      Whew - what a job! To help me try to get organized, I made an Excel spreadsheet,
      which really helped ME, at least. In the event anybody else would like to try it, I
      have put a blank copy up on my website:

      http://www.bigskyspaces.com/w7gj/FFMA GRIDS CHECKLIST.xls

      The spreadsheet basically starts out showing that you still need to work everything.
      When you find a QSL card, you enter the callsign under the CALLSIGN column behind
      the appropriate grid. That grid will turn from RED to GREEN when you enter a
      callsign. If you have worked a grid, but have not received a card from anybody there
      yet, just enter a "*", and the grid will turn YELLOW. The totals for those three
      categories (confirmed, worked but not confirmed, and still needed to work) are shown
      for each field as well as the entire country.

      I still don't think I can post to the FFMA group, but if this looks of interest,
      maybe somebody in that group can post it there. I hope it helps some of you get your
      hands around this very imposing project - it sure helped me!

      GL and VY 73, Lance

      P.S. - Now that I have my information filled in, the sheet shows I still need to work
      15 more tough grids. We sure need to start getting a LOT better Es if I am going to
      get FFMA in my lifetime! It it a fun goal anyway ;-)

      --
      Lance Collister, W7GJ
      (ex WA3GPL, WA1JXN, WA1JXN/C6A, ZF2OC/ZF8, E51SIX, 3D2LR, 5W0GJ)

      page (above)!
    • Lance Collister, W7GJ
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 9, 2011
        Hi Kevin,

        TNX for your email.

        On 7/10/2011 2:09 AM, kevin kaufhold wrote:
        > Lance:
        > I could not open the link. Said it wasnot exstant. Maybe, bad direction on my part.

        Yes, sorry about that :-( I shouldn't have tried to leave spaces in between the
        words in the file name. Works FB here, but email programs break up the URL. However,
        if you just highlight the entire link as it appears in the email (including the out
        to the ".xls")and then COPY it and PASTE it into your browser, you will have it all
        OK. Not quite as user friendly as just clicking on a hyperlink, but just as
        effective - or in this case, MORE effective ;-)

        > In any event, if you are at 400 FFMA grids confrimed, please send me thr spreadsheet
        > directly, and I will put you in the FFMA leader board.

        I was wondering how to get into that list - I didn't see any way to contact anyone
        when I found it on the ARRL site. I am not sure I qualify yet though...until I get
        replies from my massive SASE mailing, I only have 348 of the FFMA grids confirmed out
        of 473 worked. Is there a place to list the grids you still need so they can be used
        to see what the "most wanted" grids are?

        You should be able to post to
        > the file area of FFMA users group, pse do so at your convenience. lots of people have
        > done that.

        TNX for the info, Kevin. I am pretty new to this stuff, and have not seen a lot of
        info about it. I did see the nifty map, but I already have a very nice map on DX
        Atlas, and what I needed was a place to list the stations that I contacted. I could
        not add columns to the nifty map spreadsheet, so I made my own. I will send you a
        copy directly.

        > Also, a nifty excel based spreadsheet has already been developed for FFMA, complete
        > with a map that is linked to the input of the grids confirmed. It is at:
        > http://www.arrl.org/ffma Various versions of the grid tracker sheet are also in the
        > files section of the FFMA group. Sounds like you kind of did similar things with your
        > spreadsheet. Would be interested in looking at it, if nothing else to add to the grid
        > trakcer program with you concepts.
        > Kevin
        > W9GKA

        When I tried to join the FFMA group, Yahoo wanted all kinds of info from me and
        wanted me to get a yahoo email. I was hoping this wouldn't be necessary :-( With
        our Google groups you can use any email.

        The FFMA thing is really catching on and there has been talk on the ON4KST Region 2
        6m Chat page about grid DXpeditions in other parts of the country besides here in the
        west. Now that I have all the information on my spreadsheet, and have little
        envelopes for each field with one QSL for each grid, I feel the project is almost
        manageable ;-)

        Thanks and VY 73, Lance

        --
        Lance Collister, W7GJ
        (ex WA3GPL, WA1JXN, WA1JXN/C6A, ZF2OC/ZF8, E51SIX, 3D2LR, 5W0GJ)
        P.O. Box 73
        Frenchtown, MT 59834-0073
        USA
        TEL: (406) 626-5728
        QTH: DN27ub
        Windows Messenger: W7GJ@...
        Skype: lanceW7GJ
        2m DXCC #11/6m DXCC #815

        page (above)!
      • Alex SV1NZX
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 10, 2011
          Hi Lance good morning there

          DX-Atlas could be used for a similar cause i suppose - right-clicking on each grid square would allow you to select Worked and Confirmed on all squares globally :)

          Best 73
          Alex
          F/SV1NZX

          On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 3:26 AM, Lance Collister, W7GJ <w7gj@...> wrote:

[...]