Fw: [FFMA] Re: Interior-West Rare Grid Trip is Fini !!!

  • Bill VanAlstyne W5WVO
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9, 2011
      Forwarded from [FFMA]
      Bill W5WVO

      Sent: Saturday, July 09, 2011 06:45
      Subject: [FFMA] Re: Interior-West Rare Grid Trip is Fini !!!

      Hello All,

      One of the things to consider about getting an actual QSL card from me is that I produce a different card back for each operating location annotated with the 1, 2, or 4 grids it counts for. I also include a pic of the GPS display at the location as 'proof' of location (important for boundary/confluence locations) for card checkers. I am ready and willing to provide cards for each location as needed (either one per grid or one for each op location, your choice).

      For those that have a lot of QSO's for me to validate, if you would like to send a single card and a summary sheet in a format that I can use to validate my grid activations (IOW; the same info that a card has) you can do that. I would like one of your cards as a 'souvenir' of the trip and since I do want to apply for the the 'reverse FFMA' awards (grids activated vs grids contacted) I will need evidence of having activated each grid I operated from so the sheet will need to meet that requirement. I will, of course, accept a stack of cards too.

      I do intend to upload my logs to LotW, but due to the added complexity for Rover Operators and the number of QSO's and locations involved, it won't be something that I will be finishing anytime soon. I will be on the road (unfortunately not with my truck so no m/s) for most of the month of August so I won't be getting to it until around the end of September at the earliest.

      Hopefully this answers everyone's questions.

      David
      NJ0W