Use Delta 44's 4 mono inputs

  • hb9cat
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 8, 2011
      All,

      I am planning to use 4 sessions of WSJT concurrently, getting audio from 4 different receivers; the Delta 44 sound card is just fine for this, having 4 discrete mono inputs.

      Problem: WSJT only sees MME audio drivers; MME combines the 4 mono inputs to 2 stereo inputs. So I can only choose between 2 interfaces in WSJT.

      One option would be to avoid MME drivers combining inputs, can it be done ?

      Other option: WSJT to use ASIO drivers; with those I can access all 4 inputs individually (tested with some audio mixer software). There have been some discussions about this but I didn't see any response.

      Other option: if WSJT would support other drivers (thinking to WDM and PortAudio) AND the same drivers would be supported by the Delta 44 I may have an option (didn't try yet)

      The only workaround I found so far is to use 4 Virtual Audio cables, using 4 instances of the VAC Audio repeater to map the 4 inputs to 4 Virtual Audio Cables. Cumbersome but works ok.

      Anyone has explored these options before ?

      Thank you

      Marco, HB9CAT