Revised Random Hour Report for 7-2-2011

  • David R. Hassall
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7 4:54 PM
      Random Hour Report for 7/2/2011
      I received 3 reports this week. I am now answering the receipt
      of each report. If you do not get a "thank you" email back,
      I didn't get your report for some Reason. So, please resend it.

      Ping Jockey scheduling page is:
      Backup page for Ping Jockey is:
      http://vhftalk.aa1yn.com/index.html

      Codes:
      WRK - Worked station
      CNR - Called but not worked
      HRD - Heard
      (R) = Random contact
      (S) = Scheduled contact

      Contacts:
      6M
      WS5Q NOTHING!

      W5KI WRK: NJ0W(R) HRD: W7GJ, K7TNT, ND0B, K5WE

      AA5AM WRK: EA8AQV (R/JT6M) CNR: NJ0W HRD: W5UWB, K4DD

      NJ0W WRK:K9CT(r), W5WVO, N0POH, K7ND, W7KNT(R), K7JIZ, N0KE,
      KF7CQ (ISCAT 222mi), KE7NR, K7MAC, W7GJ, W7OUU(ISCAT 149MI),
      ND0B, N7JA, W5KI, K6EU, K7TNT, W7MEM, KI7JA, K7XC, K5RLA,
      W9FF, AE5B(ISCAT 1049MI) CNR: W5ZN, K5WE

      2M
      WS5Q NOTHING!

      SOAPBOX:
      W5KI:As for 7-02-11 RH, I was in and out of the shack, doing
      early yard work and such, before the 100+ heat hits. Just
      listened today to catch NJ0W in the current grid.

      NJ0W: You'll probably need to delete the ISCATs as two were
      really close so probably scatter or tropo and the other was
      probably Es enhanced rox. Sometimes I would get to Tx2 in
      FSK but have to switch to ISCAT to complete (I could hear them
      FSK but they couldn't hear me). Being in remote areas
      (zero noise floor), using a wide beam, and running on batteries
      (so I didn't generate any noise) I can pretty much always hear
      other stations better than they can hear me. I was running a
      TE Systems 375w amp driving it at 80% of rated, but would
      increase to 96% if a contact was having problems completing.

      73 Dave
      David R. Hassall WA5DJJ
      WEBSITE: http://www.zianet.com/dhassall/