Re: [wsjtgroup] Installing wsjt9 on k/ubuntu 64-bit

  • Peter Frenning [OZ1PIF]
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 6, 2011
      Den 06-07-2011 16:19, Mike H skrev:
      I'm not certain, but there may not be a 64-bit .deb binary available (Peter OZ1PIF should know this).  In that case, you'll have to build from source.  I don't know what went wrong when you tried doing this, but the error message:

      Not to my knowledge, anyway, unless you have a specific need to run 64-bit (hard to imagine), I recommend strongly that you stick to 32-bit for now. 64-bit Linux IMHO isn't ready for prime time yet, 32-bit backwards compatibility and library availability is lacking (to a much higher degree than in WinDoze), and most (if not all) apps are only available packaged for 32-bit.

      --
      Vy 73 de OZ1PIF/5Q2M, Peter

      ** Genius is one per cent inspiration, **
      ** and ninety-nine per cent            **
      ** perspiration.                       **
      **               -- Thomas A. Edison   **
      email: peter(no-spam filler)@...
      http://www.frenning.dk/oz1pif.htm
      Ph. +45 4619 3239
      Snailmail: