WA5UFH QRT

  • Randy Tipton
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2011
      I want to let everyone know I am pulling the plug. This decision is a big
      one for me, I have been a ham since 1967! I believe during the last decade
      right prior to the introduction of WSJT I have been fully engaged with
      hsms. I have chosen to leave and thank all of you for the learning
      experiences, camaraderie and meteor scatter contacts. I depart satisfied
      with what we have accomplished and have no hard feelings towards anyone.
      In fact I wish the very best to a growing engaged group.

      Issues...
      1. The WSJTGROUP Yahoo Email reflector will continue just like it did in the
      past. (New owner is Bruce N5SIX)
      2. For now I will continue to accept updates for the Award Standings. (I
      hope someone will accept this task soon, see below)
      3. The wsjtgroup WebPages www.ykc.com/wa5ufh needs a new owner. Continue
      what we have started or create a new system. That includes the Standings,
      NAHSMS Contest Files, and other databases. If you would like to provide that
      service let me know & you can start with the existing pages and create any
      format you wish thereafter. I can share any files you need to keep it going.

      Last of all I want to let everyone know I am selling off all my equipment.
      Use the link below to see what items are on sale. I was blessed to have good
      equipment, now to find it a good home!

      http://www.ykc.com/wa5ufh/images/wa5ufhqrtsale.htm

      Oh, one last comment, please email me direct for any inquires to equipment
      or
      comments.

      Thanks to all...

      tip
      wa5ufh
    • Don
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 15, 2011
        Tip WA5UFH,

        I don't know if you are reading the posts anymore but I was surprised by this post but wish you the very best! I also didn't notice any replies to your QRT post (maybe other have already posted and I missed them) but THANK YOU!

        I have watched you and others over the years push along WSJT-weaksignal modes and thanks for not only being a good Ham to experiment with over the years but a good friend too.

        Wish you would reconsider and keep one rig and a few smaller antennas but again best of luck to you in what you do gonig foward...Thanks Tip!

        ....your old friend in EN50 playing in Peoria
        Don kb9umt
        http://www.30mdg.net

        --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Randy Tipton" <wa5ufh@...> wrote:

        > I want to let everyone know I am pulling the plug. This decision is a big
        > one for me, I have been a ham since 1967! I believe during the last decade
        > right prior to the introduction of WSJT I have been fully engaged with
        > hsms. I have chosen to leave and thank all of you for the learning
        > experiences, camaraderie and meteor scatter contacts. I depart satisfied
        > with what we have accomplished and have no hard feelings towards anyone.
        > In fact I wish the very best to a growing engaged group.
        >
        > Issues...
        > 1. The WSJTGROUP Yahoo Email reflector will continue just like it did in the
        > past. (New owner is Bruce N5SIX)
        > 2. For now I will continue to accept updates for the Award Standings. (I
        > hope someone will accept this task soon, see below)
        > 3. The wsjtgroup WebPages www.ykc.com/wa5ufh needs a new owner. Continue
        > what we have started or create a new system. That includes the Standings,
        > NAHSMS Contest Files, and other databases. If you would like to provide that
        > service let me know & you can start with the existing pages and create any
        > format you wish thereafter. I can share any files you need to keep it going.
        >
        > Last of all I want to let everyone know I am selling off all my equipment.
        > Use the link below to see what items are on sale. I was blessed to have good
        > equipment, now to find it a good home!
        >
        > http://www.ykc.com/wa5ufh/images/wa5ufhqrtsale.htm
        >
        > Oh, one last comment, please email me direct for any inquires to equipment
        > or
        > comments.
        >
        > Thanks to all...
        >
        > tip
        > wa5ufh

      • n9ssham
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 18, 2011
          Ditto here Tip, Thanks for helping me make my first FSK441 QSO on 2m! And thanks for all your dedication to the group and maintaining the web page. I'm curious what new hobby might be replacing your weak signal vhf obsessions?

          --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Don" <dhobson123@...> wrote:

          > Tip WA5UFH,
          >
          > I don't know if you are reading the posts anymore but I was surprised by this post but wish you the very best! I also didn't notice any replies to your QRT post (maybe other have already posted and I missed them) but THANK YOU!
          >
          > I have watched you and others over the years push along WSJT-weaksignal modes and thanks for not only being a good Ham to experiment with over the years but a good friend too.
          >
          > Wish you would reconsider and keep one rig and a few smaller antennas but again best of luck to you in what you do gonig foward...Thanks Tip!
          >
          > ....your old friend in EN50 playing in Peoria
          > Don kb9umt
          > http://www.30mdg.net
          >
          > --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Randy Tipton" <wa5ufh@> wrote:
          > >

          > > I want to let everyone know I am pulling the plug. This decision is a big
          > > one for me, I have been a ham since 1967! I believe during the last decade
          > > right prior to the introduction of WSJT I have been fully engaged with
          > > hsms. I have chosen to leave and thank all of you for the learning
          > > experiences, camaraderie and meteor scatter contacts. I depart satisfied
          > > with what we have accomplished and have no hard feelings towards anyone.
          > > In fact I wish the very best to a growing engaged group.
          > >
          > > Issues...
          > > 1. The WSJTGROUP Yahoo Email reflector will continue just like it did in the
          > > past. (New owner is Bruce N5SIX)
          > > 2. For now I will continue to accept updates for the Award Standings. (I
          > > hope someone will accept this task soon, see below)
          > > 3. The wsjtgroup WebPages www.ykc.com/wa5ufh needs a new owner. Continue
          > > what we have started or create a new system. That includes the Standings,
          > > NAHSMS Contest Files, and other databases. If you would like to provide that
          > > service let me know & you can start with the existing pages and create any
          > > format you wish thereafter. I can share any files you need to keep it going.
          > >
          > > Last of all I want to let everyone know I am selling off all my equipment.
          > > Use the link below to see what items are on sale. I was blessed to have good
          > > equipment, now to find it a good home!
          > >
          > > http://www.ykc.com/wa5ufh/images/wa5ufhqrtsale.htm
          > >
          > > Oh, one last comment, please email me direct for any inquires to equipment
          > > or
          > > comments.
          > >
          > > Thanks to all...
          > >
          > > tip