Re: WSJT on older portable

  • TLC_Carney
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1, 2011
      Thnaks to Bruce, N5SIX, for pointing me in the direction of the cause of the problem. He suggested that I delete the WSJT.ini file and try again. When I did so, FSK-441 worked. However, as soon as I added the rate-in and rate-out corrections numbers the problem reappeared.

      The sound card settles down at .9796. When I configure this value I get no output using FSK. Set it to .9801 and it works.

      I've installed WSJT on four or five PCs and never seen one that even required a rate-in/out correction. Thus looks like a sick sound card to me.

      As for why V7 works, heck if I know. Could be just a slight difference in timing.

      I'll do some more experimenting after the holiday but may just end up using V7 for FSK-441.

      Thanks again Bruce.

      73,

      Tom K6EU