Random Hour Report for 6-25-2011

  • David R. Hassall
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28, 2011
      Random Hour Report for 6/25/2011
      I received 8 reports this week. I am now answering the receipt
      of each report. If you do not get a "thank you" email back,
      I didn't get your report for some Reason. So, please resend it.

      Ping Jockey scheduling page is:
      Backup page for Ping Jockey is:
      http://vhftalk.aa1yn.com/index.html

      Codes:
      WRK - Worked station
      CNR - Called but not worked
      HRD - Heard
      (R) = Random contact
      (S) = Scheduled contact

      Contacts:
      6M
      N5SIX HRD:WZ5Q, N9EGT

      WZ5Q NOTHING!

      WA6VCR WRK:K7NX(R)

      WA5DJJ WRK: NJ0W(R)

      NJ0W WRK: N9BX(R), W9FF(R), ND0B(R), K0RI(R), N0KE(R),
      K7JIZ(R), K7TNT(R),W7OUU(R), VE6CPP(R), K7XC(R), K7ULS(R)
      NJ7A(R),WA5DJJ(R),W7KNT(R),KU7Z(R),KE7NR(R), AE5B(R)
      CNR: K5WE

      W5KI HRD: W9FF, N9BX, NJ0W

      2M
      WA5UFH WRK: WC4N(R) HRD:WZ5Q

      WZ5Q WRK: WCAN(R) HRD: WA5UFH

      WCRN WRK: WZ5Q(R), WA5UFH(R)

      SOAPBOX:
      NJ0W: Got at later start than my norm on this trip due to
      severe thunderstorms that rolled over the DN56/57/66/67
      confluence. I had operated from there the evening before
      but right at sunset I noticed a thunderstorm was coming
      my way. Since the confluence is reached by a ranching
      two wheel-track path through an area that can become
      gumbo-glue when wet, I quickly lowered the antenna mast
      and packed the truck for a defensive relocation to the near
      by paved state-route. It began to rain just as I left the
      confluence and I was treated to a 7.5 hour light and sound
      show courtesy of mother nature. Since I couldn't return
      to the confluence without enough light to closely check the
      road conditions, I had to wait until sunrise to gauge the
      chances of getting back to it. As such, the gumbo was merely
      damp as it had not received enough moisture to gumbo-ize,
      so I was able to quickly get back to the confluence and get
      on the air by 7 AM. The morning turned out to be perfect
      and I even managed to get a few Es contacts before leaving
      for DN65/66 boundary near Billings, MT.

      73 Dave
      David R. Hassall WA5DJJ
      WEBSITE: http://www.zianet.com/dhassall/