Random Hour Report for 6-4-2011

  • David R. Hassall
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2011
      Random Hour Report for 6/4/2011
      I received 7 reports this week. I am now answering the receipt
      of each report. If you do not get a "thank you" email back,
      I didn't get your report for some Reason. So, please resend it.

      Ping Jockey scheduling page is:
      Backup page for Ping Jockey is:
      http://vhftalk.aa1yn.com/index.html

      Codes:
      WRK - Worked station
      CNR - Called but not worked
      HRD - Heard
      (R) = Random contact
      (S) = Scheduled contact

      Contacts:
      6M
      N0POH WRK: NJ01(S) CNR: N7CW

      W5KI WRK: N7CW(R) HRD: XE2OR, NJ0W, W5LUA, KS7DX, K5WE

      WA5UFH WRK: NJ0W(R) HRD: W4AVY, K5WE, AA7A, K0RI

      NJ0W WRK: W5ZN(R), WA5UFH(R), W4AVY(R), K0RI(S), W5LUA(S), KC9ELU(S),
      XE2OR(S), K5RLA(S), K2DRH(S), N7NW(S), KU7Z(S), NQ7R(R), K7CW(S),
      N0POH(S), W7OUU(S), VE5UF(R), W7ADK(R), KR7O(S) HRD: VE2DSB, KB7ME
      K4YMQ, W3TDF, K8EB

      2M
      WA5UFH HRD: WZ5Q, KC9ELU

      WZ5Q WRK: WC4AN(R) KC9ELU(R) HRD: W0KT WA5UFH

      SOAPBOX:
      WA5UFH: I called CQ on two meters for about 40 minutes,
      no takers.

      WZ5Q: I am ecstatic that there was activity on 144.140 this
      morning!!! Yippi!! But there was lots of traffic and it would
      have been a lot less confusing if the participants were using
      the proper RH 'Tagged' Messages instead of the ST.

      NJ0W: The expedition is going well and I have settled into a
      routine for operating and moving each day (vs. sitting and
      baking in DL88). If Es ever starts (the trip has been almost
      exclusively m/s so far) I will have to change it but it has
      teased me so many times now I'm not going to bet the farm on it.
      I'll wait and see what happens during Part Deux (20 June - 10
      July) of the trip.

      For most of these I used PJ for flow control. Otherwise I
      sometimes get mobbed and can't single out one signal (ever
      wonder what 8 m/s signals look like pinging in from different
      directions at the same time? It isn't pretty).

      The count is probably depressed some as I made 14 qso's from
      the same location the evening before at the NE/SD border
      DN92/93 Boundary.

      WA5DJJ: Thanks for reports. Don't FORGET, KS7DX and K7BV start
      their Grid expedition to CM93 on June 8th. NJ0W and others are
      continuing their Grid expeditions. From the notices on WSJT Yahoo
      groups pages there are going to be a number of Meteor/SSB Rovers
      for the VHF contest period. Now if I can just PUSH my signal
      over 1,000 Miles and hear the ECHO's coming back. That is the
      trick!! Good luck to all that are traveling. Thank you for
      all your efforts.

      73 Dave

      David R. Hassall WA5DJJ
      WEBSITE: http://www.zianet.com/dhassall/