Random Hour Report for 5-28-2011

  • David R. Hassall
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2011
      Random Hour Report for 5/28/2011
      I received 7 reports this week. I am now answering the receipt
      of each report. If you do not get a "thank you" email back,
      I didn't get your report for some Reason. So, please resend it.

      Ping Jockey scheduling page is:
      Backup page for Ping Jockey is:
      http://vhftalk.aa1yn.com/index.html

      Codes:
      WRK - Worked station
      CNR - Called but not worked
      HRD - Heard
      (R) = Random contact
      (S) = Scheduled contact

      Contacts:
      6M
      WA5UFH WRK: NJ0W(R), N9FTC(R) HRD: K0RI, XE2OR, KS7S, W5WVO, AA5AM
      W5KI, NM5SD, NQ7R

      AA5AM WRK: NJ0W(R), K4DD(R/ISCAT) HRD: W5KI, KB5LMU, W4AVY,
      N9FTC, W9FF

      W9SE HRD: AJ4MW (ISCAT)

      W5KI WRK: NJ0W(R), HRD: NQ7R, NM5SD, K5TTT

      NJOW WRK: KS7S(R), W5WVO(R), XE2OR(R), WA5UFH(R), K0RI(R), W5ZN(R),
      W3UUM(R), N0POH(R), AC5K(R),N6RMJ(R), N7CW(R), K5WE(R), NQ7R(R),
      NM5SD(R), W5KI(R), AA5AM(R), AE5B(R), KB5LMU(R) HRD: K5MQ, W7OUU,
      W4AVY

      KI7JA WRK: KE7NR/P

      2M
      WZ5Q HRD: WA5UFH

      WA5UFH HRD: WZ5Q

      SOAPBOX:
      WA5UFH: Two meter activity continues to be absent from random hour.
      It is also difficult to make schedules on two meters during random hour.
      WTG David NJ0W on six meters as he worked many stations from DL88/89.

      WZ5Q: Called CQ - 1st seq - pointed in various directions from N to
      SSE on 144.140 from 7:00am to 8:00am Central Time.
      Nothing Heard.
      Monitored 144.140 from 08:00am until 9:00am Central Time with the array
      pointed NW at 325 degrees. Nothing Heard.

      NJ0W: hottern' hell here but ice holding out. No Es, hope it picks up or
      gonna have low QSO count. Boring.

      KI7JA: I had a lot of power line noise this morning, but I managed to
      work just one station. I spent a lot of time listening for NJ0W in DL88,
      but, with the noise, and 1600+ miles with no E's, there was no chance of
      hearing him.

      73 Dave
      David R. Hassall WA5DJJ
      WEBSITE: http://www.zianet.com/dhassall/