Windows time check

  • Tom Provost
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 26, 2011
      Where can I find the step by step instructions for turning off the
      Windows time check as I want to load and use D4.
    • Al WA4EWV
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 26, 2011

        HI TOM:

        I use Meinberg NTP clock. It turns off any and all other clocks on your computer.

        However, if you choose to use D4, do the following (I don't know if it turns off the windows time check or not)

        Right click my computer

        click manage

        click services and applications

        double click services

        click standard (at the bottom)

        scroll down to windows time

        right click it

        click properties

        use the drop down menu under startup type and select disabled.

        Then OK your way out of it.

        73

        AL

        WA4EWV

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 26, 2011
          Tom you did not state what Operating System you are using.

          If windows Vista, click the time on the taskbar at the bottom of the
          screen.

          Now click on the link below the clock : "Change date and time settings"

          Click the tab in the Date and Time window labeled "Internet Time".

          Click the button Change settings...

          Remove the check for "Synchronize with an Internet time server."

          Click Ok ..

          tip
          wa5ufh

          > Where can I find the step by step instructions for turning off the
          > Windows time check as I want to load and use D4.

          > WSJTGroup HomePage http://www.ykc.com/wa5ufh/
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Bruce Brackin
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 26, 2011
            Tip and all. Your method also works to turn it off for XP OS.

            Bruce N5SIX

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 26, 2011
              Hi Tom and all,

              AG2A wrote:
              > Where can I find the step by step instructions for turning off the
              > Windows time check as I want to load and use D4.

              The best solution, by far, is to install and use "Meinberg ntp".
              Detailed installation instructions are available at:

              http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/setup.html