Re: [wsjtgroup] QST : "WSJTGROUP Process for Random QSO's During the Jan 04 Contest"

  • john@n6enu.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 20, 2004
      Quoting Mike Hasselbeck <mph@...>:

      > Tip - the only comment I have concerns the UP/DOWN requirement (?) in
      > the
      > CQ. I may be in the minority, but my transceiver can't listen on a
      > separate frequency. In my area of the country, where random activity
      > is
      > very light, moving off the call frequency has never been an issue
      > anyway.
      > Even when there are multiple stations on the call frequency, the
      > combination of DF and RH messages should eliminate any ambiguities.
      > propose that CQ Up/Down only be a "suggestion" for areas where QRM
      > might
      > be a problem.
      >
      > Mike WB2FKO DM65

      Mike,

      Wouldn't you just love the day that there were too many stations calling
      CQ that you couldn't tell who was who?!?

      --
      John Milligan
      N6ENU DM04
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 21, 2004
        I plan to be operating rover for this weekend's contest on 2m. The
        emphasis will be random FSK441 during the recently posted periods:

        http://www.qsl.net/wa5ufh/WSJTGROUP/SpecialSessions.htm

        I will be on the east side of the Rocky Mountains near the intersection of
        DM65/64/75/74. Will be monitoring on 144.140 and do not plan to CQ much in
        order to save those precious battery coulombs. Probably be out there both
        days. The setup is modest (60 Watts into 5-element yagi) but it has
        worked out to 1000 miles; I've heard stations as far as 1200 miles. Hope
        to hear your pings!

        Mike WB2FKO
        New Mexico
      • Gary Babcock
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 21, 2004
          Hey Mike,
          Listen for me this weekend, I am located in Hagerman,
          Near Roswell at DM73uc I am also running about 75
          watts to a 10 ele beam. maybe we will PING during the
          weenend HIHI..
          73's
          Gary - W5GNB

          --- Mike Hasselbeck <mph@...> wrote:
          > I plan to be operating rover for this weekend's
          > contest on 2m. The
          > emphasis will be random FSK441 during the recently
          > posted periods:

          http://www.qsl.net/wa5ufh/WSJTGROUP/SpecialSessions.htm

          > I will be on the east side of the Rocky Mountains
          > near the intersection of
          > DM65/64/75/74. Will be monitoring on 144.140 and do
          > not plan to CQ much in
          > order to save those precious battery coulombs.
          > Probably be out there both
          > days. The setup is modest (60 Watts into 5-element
          > yagi) but it has
          > worked out to 1000 miles; I've heard stations as far
          > as 1200 miles. Hope
          > to hear your pings!
          >
          > Mike WB2FKO
          > New Mexico

        • N0PB Phil
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 21, 2004
            Hi Mike,
            I need DM64,74,75 for new grids... Will do my best to find you.. If you
            end up with any certain times you will be in each grid PLEASE let me know !!
            My phone number is 660-266-3346 here at home. I know it is very hard to
            give any exact times on that type of operation. It looks like you have found
            a spot at or near the 4 intersections of those grids. If so it will be easy
            to catch you in all of them..
            Good luck !! I hope to be putting out some new grids in the future
            myself.. I hope I can return the favor soon.
            73,
            Phil EM39