Random Hour Report for 4-2-2011

  • David R. Hassall
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6, 2011
      Random Hour Report for 4/2/2011
      I received 5 reports this week. I am now answering the receipt
      of each report. If you do not get a "thank you" email back,
      I didn't get your report for some Reason. So, please resend it.

      Ping Jockey scheduling page is:
      Backup page for Ping Jockey is:
      http://vhftalk.aa1yn.com/index.html

      Codes:
      WRK - Worked station
      CNR - Called but not worked
      HRD - Heard
      (R) = Random contact
      (S) = Scheduled contact

      Contacts:
      6M
      WA5UFH WRK: NJ0W(S), HRD: WA4CQG, W9RM, KS7S, W5UWB

      NJ0W WRK: AE5B(R), W9RM(R), WA5UFH(S) KS7S(R) KC6ZWT(R)
      KB7ME(R) KS7DX(R) K5RLA(R), KC7I(R), KE7NR(R), AA5AM(S)
      W7OUU(R) HRD: W9FF

      VE1SKY WRK: K1JT(R/ISCAT)

      AA5AM WRK: AA9MY(S), KS7S(R), NJ0W(S)

      W4DNR HRD: W5SVO, S5UWB, KO9A, K1JT

      2M
      WA5UFH HRD: W0KT

      SOAPBOX:
      NJ0W: Report from Saturday morning's trip to DM46 (East
      end of Grand Canyon National Park near the Desert View
      Watchtower).
      I started up running random but found I had cell phone
      internet and had to use PJ to keep some semblance of
      order as I was getting multiple overlapping transmissions
      (my moxon antenna has a pretty wide beam and I will hear a
      strong rock 90 degrees off.) I started keeping a list and
      saying 'go' to the next one as each was completed. Not sure
      what I would have done w/o PJ, it got messy real quick with
      overlapping decodes off the same pings. I was running 200w
      into a stressed Moxon at 25'

      W4DNR: 50.260 on a roof mounted squalo in EM64rr

      73 Dave
      David R. Hassall WA5DJJ
      WEBSITE: http://www.zianet.com/dhassall/