Re: [wsjtgroup] ISCAT and JT6M

  • Omar Shabsigh
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 5, 2011
      Dear Joe:

      I share with you your sentiments. I do believe that the reason for not moving to ISCAT can be answered by your third question. Has it been hard to get people to change, because they like a familiar way of doing things?

      People mostly tend to stick to what they are familiar with.

      So please just wait and you will see more activity with ISCAT.

      With all my respects to you.

      Best 73

      Omar YK1AO

      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 14, 2011
        I am presently working on various improvements to the ISCAT mode in WSJT
        9.0.

        I'm looking for recordings of ISCAT signals that might help me in making
        further enhancements to the decoder. The best files for this purpose
        are those with weak signals close to the decoding threshold...
        especially ones that you think should have decoded, but did not; or
        perhaps they partially decoded. If you have some examples of such *.wav
        files, please send them to be as email attachments. Be sure to include
        an indication of band and propagation mode.

        Many thanks!