RE: [wsjtgroup] Re: Signal Reports

  • Barry Garratt
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 2 10:43 AM

      That pretty much sums it up Steve. Well said!

      Barry KS7DX

      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 3 8:23 AM

        Thanks Steve,

        As others have said, very well put.

        You have confirmed the operating procedure that was pointed out to me several years ago when I started terrestrial JT65.  The information exchanged is the signal report.  The grid just happens to be with the call sign and part of the protocol built-in to the CQ and the answer to the CQ.  With a trailing confirmation via RRR or 73.

        Incidentally, I was curious to know who and how this process was started.   I received several direct emails on the subject and a couple of them pointed out that the procedure you outlined was originally suggested as a confirmation procedure by Ed Tilton, W1HDQ back in the early 1960’s.  Ed was the original ARRL editor for “The World Above 50MHz”.

        73 de WY5R - KD

        JT65A Power Calculator