New Announcement from the K5N Group...

  • Marshall Williams
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24 1:30 PM
      The K5N Activation group wishes to make the following announcement.  Please feel free to forward this to anyone that you think might be interested.  Thanks....the K5N Activation Group.

      ACTIVATING EL58 in 2011

      Due to circumstances beyond our control, the expedition to DL88 must be canceled.  The logistics of that trip have become impossible for us this year.  Instead, we are going to go back to EL58, the infamous Swamp Grid.  Since we have been there before, the logistics will be much easier for us.  In 2009, our total operating time was just a few hours less than 2 days.  This time, we will be operating just a bit less than 4 full days.  This should allow us to "clean up" this grid for all those that need it.  In addition, we will be operating during what should be a peak in the Es season.  This will give all those that missed us the last time a chance to work this difficult grid.

      For all  the details, please check out our new EL58 web page which may be accessed from the Grid Bandits home page(http://www.kcvhfgridbandits.com/) by clicking the DXpeditions button at the lower right.  Or, just go to http://kcvhfgridbandits.com/kc_vhf_grid_bandits_044.htm.

      All email concerning this event should be addressed to k5n@..., NOT to our personal email addresses.   Team K5N wishes to apologize for our change of plans, but our only other choice was to not go anywhere this year.  We believe that EL58 is better than nothing!

      We hope to work everyone possible, so listen up for us.  Thank you.

      73 de N5OMG, KE5KDM, WN2E, N5YA, K5QE, K5YG, W5TFW and N0IRS
      A Grid Bandits DXpedition