wspr, fcal, and i/q offset

  • Michael Di Domenico
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2011
      I'm trying to get wspr running with my SoftRock Ensemble RX II.  If I run the system using something else to demodulate the signal and feed that into wspr everything seems to work great.  But when i switch to i/q mode i can't find anything.

      When i'm in another SDR program it appears my WWV at 10Mhz is about 400hz off from exact 10Mhz, however, when i enter that into the Fiq settings of wspr i still get nothing.

      I'm using wspr w/ rigctl on ubuntu.  I ran through the fcal programs and they seemed to return data.  Is there a way to translate that data into the Fiq offset for the I/q settings?

      --
      The parameter Fiq (Hz) determines the frequency offset between the “Dial frequency”
      specified on the WSPR main screen and the frequency (times 1/4) of the Si570 programmable

      Could someone expand this paragraph from the v2.11 supplemental manual with some more detail.

      Thanks
      - Michael (KC2YKJ)