Re: [wsjtgroup] LOTW now supports ISCAT, JT4, JT6M and WSPR

    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 18, 2011
      Early in the development of WSPR there were requests for a "WSPR QSO
      mode". Such a mode was introduced, experimentally, in WSJT version 7.

      The WSPR QSO mode never became popular. Most people found that the
      message structure was too restrictive (required by the very small 50-bit
      message payload) and that minimal QSOs with two-minute transmissions
      take too long.

      The WSPR QSO mode is not included in WSJT 9, and will not be supported
      in the future. WSPR is now (as it was when created) a mode for probing
      propagation paths.

      When people send me QSLs for having received my WSPR signal, I am
      careful to return a QSL thanking them for their SWL report. I do not
      consider such "contacts" to be QSOs, even if signals were received in
      both directions during a short time span.