Re: [wsjtgroup] Sound device question

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 7, 2011
      WSJT runs the Tx audio stream continuously. When not transmitting, the
      program just outputs zeros. Apparently this is the root of your problem.

      It would not require major software surgery to modify WSJT so that the
      audio stream is opened and started only when it will be used, then
      terminated and closed when a transmission is finished. (On the other
      hand, this task will not be completely trivial, either.)

      If you (or someone else) want to do this, the relevant code is in file
      "jtaudio.c", in the open source SVN repository.

      -- 73, Joe, K1JT