RE: [wsjtgroup] Sound device question

  • K. D. Sarchet
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 7, 2011

      Hi Mike,

      It does sound as if Santa was good to you!

      I am having a bit of a time understanding your problem.  You use the terms simplex/half duplex and full duplex, which to me describes whether you can transmit and receive at the same time.  Are you saying that you want WSJT and JT65-HF to transmit and receive at the same time?

      Also, you describe that once the transmitting starts in either of these programs, you have to exit the program to make it stop.  Is that correct?  If that is the case, and it seems that you are keying with VOX, maybe you need to dial up the anti-VOX.

      Please excuse me if I’m not understanding correctly.

      73 de WY5R - KD

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 7, 2011
        WSJT runs the Tx audio stream continuously. When not transmitting, the
        program just outputs zeros. Apparently this is the root of your problem.

        It would not require major software surgery to modify WSJT so that the
        audio stream is opened and started only when it will be used, then
        terminated and closed when a transmission is finished. (On the other
        hand, this task will not be completely trivial, either.)

        If you (or someone else) want to do this, the relevant code is in file
        "jtaudio.c", in the open source SVN repository.

        -- 73, Joe, K1JT