RE: GPS roving info

  • Larry, KB5HMU
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2011
      Just one more note: I use a GPS 76S while roving. It displays the actual maidenhead down to the second subsquare. That is VERY useful while I am driving as I know exactly which grid I am in.

      I also use the GPS clock to sync my Windows computer when I don't have internet access (which is rare now days; I use Verizon USB modem). I open my clock and set it to the upcoming minute. I then press "apply" about 3 seconds before the minute. That gets me close. I guess there is a lag time in there.

      73,

      Larry Crutcher
      KB5HMU
      http://www.qrz.com/db/KB5HMU