SVHFS Conference

  • lzavadil@embarqmail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2011

      Hey everyone, Jan 8th is fast approaching!----  So what? ----- Well, Jan 8th is the date that the
      SVHFS technical presentation committee would like to be notified by if you plan to write a paper
      or make a presentation at our April 29-30th 2011 SVHFS Rocket City Conference in Huntsville
      AL.

      The idea of the early notification date is scheduling of presentation topics, times, and lengths.
      Papers for the Conference Proceedings are not due until March 18th. But we need to know if you
      have intentions of doing a paper and/or presentation, plus some general idea of the topic.

      Please reply via e-mail at SVHFS2011@...  and just say "Put me on the
      list."  And for extra incentive, the conference will be providing an award and a substantial prize
      for the "Best Presentation, 2011" voted on by the conference attendees.

      Attendees, also be aware that March 29th is the deadline for the early registration discount ( $38
      vs $48 after) and reserved block of discounted rooms at the hotel. There's a lot going on in
      Huntsville SVHFS Conference weekend. So don't wait till the last minute to do your reservations
      and registration.  Further details will be added to the Southeastern VHF Society website in
      coming weeks. Keep checking www.svhfs.org  for details.

      Get on our speakers' list by January 8th, and we will see you in Huntsville!
    • lzavadil@embarqmail.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 28, 2011
        Last call for the 2011 SVHFS Conference Papers. They are to be received by March 11th. Please send to N2CEI, Steve Kostro at  SVHFS2011@.... We have one or two more presentation slots open so if you would like to make one,  (published paper not required! ) please contact Steve. So far we have some great material to be published and some informative presentation to be made but there is always room for more! Join in the fun, jot something down for the proceedings and put a simple 5-10 min. presentation together for us to see!

        Deadline for hotel reservations is March 29, at last report there were only a few rooms left in our block and there are a number of other functions scheduled for Huntsville during conference weekend.  Don't get caught without a room.  A link for hotel reservations can be found on the conference page at www.svhfs.org.  The registration form will be posted on the same page soon.

        Look forward to seeing everyone in Huntsville in April.