pc hardware and operating system recommendations

  • Tad Danley
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2011
      I'm in the market for a new desktop pc and am looking for
      recommendations that will allow me to run the following software via my
      MicroKEYER to the IC-7700:
      N1MM and DXLabSuite, including FSK with MMTTY
      WSJT protocols

      My current HP desktop pc is running XP Media Center Edition and is quite
      long in the tooth. I have the 'factory installed' Realtec AC97 card as
      well as the C-Media card that I added some time ago for ham radio
      applications. I'm having trouble keeping the C-Media card selected for
      the ham radio applications, especially WSJT. I don't know whether this
      is due to the XP Media Center Edition OS or not.

      Anyway, I'm looking for suggestions on what I need, as well as what to
      stay away from.

      Thanks in advance and 73!

      --
      Tad Danley, K3TD