Re: [wsjtgroup] Re: CAT control for TS 2000

  • Wayne Steury
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 8, 2010
      FYI everyone -- this looks good ...

      This information was provided to Kenwood USA from a Kenwood end user.

      Kenwood does Not test any Non-Kenwood products so we would be unable to guarantee it.

      This information was provided as a courtesy to Kenwood end users.

      RT Systems makes a USB to DB-9 Serial connection ( USB-63 )and you may view the information on this web page.

      http://www.rtsystemsinc.com/index.cfm

      RT Systems
      P.O. Box 3510
      Rapid City, SD 57709

      Sales:
      800 921-4834
      404 806-9561
      Fax 404 671-9383

      Tech Support:
      404 806-9561

      Sincerely,  Leo Fahmie KJ6HI DM03tw
      Wayne Steury

      Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2010 1:17 PM
      Subject: [wsjtgroup] Re: CAT control for TS 2000

      Wayne Steury writes:

      > Thanks for your comments, Gary. Yes, I need
      a USB to the computer. This Gateway with Windows 7 does not have a serial port. I thought that someone out there might have connected their TS-2000 to Ham radio Deluxe and could help me. I understand that there are differences in Serial to USB converters.

      > 73s, Wayne Steury N9EGT

      PM
      href="mailto:wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com">wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com

      > I believe the TS-2000 has a serial RS-232 connector on the back, a DB-9
      > as I recall, probably male, so you should be able to get CAT with a
      > direct female to female (straight thru) cable. Now here is the rub. Do
      > you have a serial port on the computer? If not you will need a USB to
      > serial converter. The SignaLink does nothing in the way of CAT. In
      > fact, it uses a built in VOX to enable PTT. So unless you want

      frequency and or other radio controls from the computer, CAT is not

      necessary. But it is nice for frequency changes, so the frequency gets

      populated in the log automatically if you are using the HRD logbook, etc.

      > 73 - Gary - W5GW

      Just do a search for Windows 7 USB to Serial Adapters...Many to chose from.

      n5jeh